Allison E. Holzman, Esq.
Ms. Holzman has joined Cipriano Law Offices as Of Counsel, with over 19 years of experience in matrimonial law. Ms. Holzman has handled complicated matters ensuring a positive resolution for each of her clients. She is passionate about her work and ensures that each client receives individual attention explaining the nuances to each client while working to help her clients take the next step forward in their personal lives. Ms. Holzman is also a trained family law mediator, and has received training in collaborative law, and provides mediation services to assist parties in reaching a mutual resolution of their family and matrimonial issues. Divorce and its related legal matters can be among the most difficult times in a family's life. Ms. Holzman understands a divorce may not be the end of the relationship for many families. For that reason, Allison strives to help her clients achieve amicable solutions to their legal issues. While it is generally her goal to obtain harmonious resolutions, Ms. Holzman aggressively advocates on behalf of her clients when the other side is uncooperative. She values clear communication with her clients about their goals and how the legal process works, and helps them to address their short and long-term needs.
Ms. Holzman is a panelist in Union and Essex County for the county ESP (early settlement panel) calendar. Ms. Holzman is a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association and Union County Bar Association. She is a member of the New Jersey Collaborative Law Group, as well as a member of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals. Ms. Holzman was also a contributing author on the ICLE publication, the Yudes Family Law Citator, from 2002-2010, a yearly treatise that is utilized by almost all family and matrimonial attorneys in the State of New Jersey. She has also volunteered her time at the County College of Morris Women’s Clinic, providing legal advice and insight at the divorce clinics, as well as speaks at various different locations on issues such as custody, parenting time, alimony and equitable distribution. Ms. Holzman is licensed to practice in New Jersey, New York and the United States District Court for the State of New Jersey.
- Fordham University School of Law, New York, New York
- J.D. – 2001
- Law review: international law journal, 1999 – 2001
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- A.B. – 1998
- Major: Psychology
- New Jersey, 2001
- New York, 2003
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 2001
- The Rachel Coalition, 2002 to 2002
- ABA, Member
- NJ Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Union County Family Law Committee, Co-chair
- James P. Yudes, P.C., Associate Attorney, 2002 to 2010
- Connell Foley, LLP, Associate Attorney, 2001 to 2002
- Connell Foley, LLP, Roseland, NJ, Summer Associate, 2000
- Legal Aid Society/Juvenile Rights Division, New York, NY, Intern, 1999 to 2000
- Honorable Alfred J. Lechner, Jr., J.U.S.D.C, Newark, NJ, Intern, 1999
- Mediation Training
- Collaborative Family Law Training
- Super Lawyers, 2022
- Super Lawyers, 2021
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2011, 2013 – 2015
Attorney Advertising Disclaimer
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. “Super Lawyers” and “Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” conferred by Thomson Reuters. A description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology can be found on the Super Lawyers website.