Northern New Jersey Employment Law Attorney
In an average person’s lifetime, more waking hours are spent at work than anywhere else. It is essential that we feel safe at work — free of judgment based on what we look like or who we are. Our worth should be measured according to our performance and our contributions to the business. In cases where this does not occur, you should seek an experienced attorney who can help you navigate this complex area of law. At Cipriano Law Offices, P.C., we are committed to helping our clients protect themselves against the following employment law issues:
- Employment discrimination: This occurs when an individual is singled out or treated differently based on his or her race, gender, age, disability, religion or ethnic origin.
- Sexual harassment: Everyone should feel safe at his or her place of work. If you perceive that someone is making sexually based comments or behavior toward you, you have the right to file a sexual harassment lawsuit.
- Wrongful termination: New Jersey is an at-will employment state. In general, this means that you can be hired, fired or quit for any reason or no reason at all. More specifically, however, you cannot lose your job based on your race, gender, age, disability, religion, ethnicity or if you reported an issue at work. If you believe you have been fired due to any of these reasons, our attorneys can help you protect your rights and file a wrongful termination lawsuit.
- Retaliation: If you reported harassment of any kind and are being treated differently at work, our attorneys can investigate this matter and determine if you are being retaliated against. This treatment could involve a demotion, a loss of hours, an increased workload or even a loss of employment.
- Whistleblowers rights: If you discover or feel that there is any illegal activity occurring at your place of employment, you have the right to report it without risking losing your job. Whether you are planning to report an issue or you have already submitted the report, our attorneys can help you protect your rights.
These laws are complex and should be handled by a professional. We will carefully investigate the circumstances of your case as we aggressively defend your rights. We understand how emotionally taxing this can be on an individual, and we are committed to giving you straightforward, practical information so that you can make educated choices about your future.