- Family Law
- Collaborative Law
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Domestic Violence
- Same Sex relationships/marriages
- Parenting time/visitation
- Child support
- Grandparent rights
- Appellate division matters
- Municipal court
Ms. Cipriano graduated from Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center with a Juris Doctorate Degree. Ms. Cipriano obtained a Master's of Business Administration from Fairleigh Dickinson University. She graduated from Wells College.
Ms. Cipriano is admitted to practice law in New Jersey, New York and Florida. She is also admitted to the United States Supreme Court, the United States Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, and the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
Ms. Cipriano volunteers on both the Morris County and Essex County Matrimonial Early Settlement Panels. She has tried numerous matrimonial cases to completion and is also a qualified family law mediator. In addition Ms. Cipriano has taken on the role of Parenting Coordinator. Her tremendous experience assisting families through contentious situations affords her a keen insight into problem solving for families in regards to both economic issues and parenting time concerns. She uses her vast experience to help families move through what may seem to be insurmountable obstacles. She also taps on her business sensibilities to assist owners as they untangle their business interests for their marital concerns.
She opened the firm in 2003 and the office has been in West Caldwell since 2007. She was named as a RISING STAR IN FAMILY LAW from 2007 through 2009 and a SUPER LAWYER from 2011 through 2019 by New Jersey Super Lawyers Magazine. She was recognized by CAMBRIDGE'S WHO'S WHO in 2008 and named as one of "the top attorneys in New Jersey" in 2011. Melissa has been listed as a 2019 Best Lawyers for Families as voted by her clients.
Ms. Cipriano was honored as a "Best of New Jersey Among our Most Distinguished Americans of Italian Descent" and conferred the "Stivale D'Italia Award of Excellence" by the Italian Tribune for her "honesty, integrity and dedication to fair and ethical business practices" and her "outstanding reputation as a Woman Whose Word is Her Bond".
Ms. Cipriano is a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association and the New Jersey Association for Justice. She is also a member of the Florida State Bar Association and New York State Bar Association.
- Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad Law Center, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
- Fairleigh Dickinson University
- Wells College
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Rising Star in Family Law, 2007 - 2009
- Super Lawyer, 2011 - 2021
- Top 50 New Jersey Super Lawyers, 2018 - 2019
- Best Lawyers for Families, 2019
- Cambridge's Who's Who, 2008
- Top 50 Attorneys in New Jersey, 2011, 2016
- Best of New Jersey Among our Most Distinguished Americans of Italian Descent
- Stivale D'Italia Award of Excellence
- Outstanding Reputation as a Woman Whose Word is Her Bond
- NJ Top 50 Women Attorneys, 2014 - 2015
- Volunteer, Morris County Matrimonial Early Settlement Panel
- Volunteer, Essex County Matrimonial Early Settlement Panel
- Hunterdon/Somerset County Inns of Court
- Bergen County Bar Association, Member
- Family Law Executive Committee of Essex County, Member
- West Essex Business Partnership, Former Member
- District VC (West Essex) Ethics Committee, Former Member
- New Jersey Collaborative Law Group