Dedicated To Obtaining Favorable Results For You

Photo of Newark, New Jersey, USA

Worried about a child custody situation?

On Behalf of | Sep 20, 2018 | Child Custody

Even if you are willing and determined to settle your divorce in as amicable a manner as possible, there is little to nothing you can do about another person’s behavior. Especially where child custody is concerned, if you and your spouse disagree about certain issues, it can definitely cause a delay toward your settlement. If your situation becomes contentious, you may feel the need to reach out for support rather than going it alone in a New Jersey family law court.

Most parents preparing for divorce have to discuss numerous topics, such as where their children will live, whether shared custody is an option, and who will have the final say regarding important life decisions involving the kids, such as medical issues, education and religion. Like most good parents, you want what is best for you kids. If you’re in a situation where your spouse is determined to undermine your authority or to impede your parent/child relationships, you’ll definitely want to talk to someone well-versed in child custody law so you know how to protect your rights and your children’s best interests.

The court typically believes that most children should have the opportunity to spend ample time with both parents following a divorce. There are certain types of situations, however, that would prompt the court to believe otherwise. If you’re aware of any reason that your children should not spend time with your spouse, you can take legal steps to bring the matter to the court’s immediate attention.

At Cipriano Law Offices, P.C., we understand the importance of legal understanding and swift action when it comes to doing what’s best for your kids and rectifying problem child custody situations. Our experienced New Jersey legal team can help you maximize the chances of achieving your child custody goals. We can also provide guidance and aggressive support if your co-parent refuses to adhere to a court order or is somehow trying to keep you from exercising your parental rights.


At this time please call our office to make credit card payments.