Dedicated To Obtaining Favorable Results For You

Photo of Newark, New Jersey, USA

What if a parenting time dispute violates a court order?

On Behalf of | Dec 19, 2017 | Child Custody

Anyone who has gone through divorce likely understands how challenging, stressful and frustrating it can be. When parenting time problems arise, New Jersey parents may want to immediately reach out for support before things get out of hand. Such issues tend to evoke strong emotions on both sides, and solutions may be more easily obtained by acting alongside experienced representation.

Some spouses are able to achieve amicable parenting plan agreements before their divorces are finalized. There is no guarantee, however, that some sort of obstacle or problem won’t arise after some time has passed. Life changes and even parents who are willing to cooperate and compromise for the sake of their children’s best interests may find it difficult to resolve a particular issue if one or the other disagrees or requests a modification that is suitable to the other person.

If an existing court order already stipulates custody and visitation conditions, a parent can’t simply abandon those terms when it seems no longer feasible to him or her to adhere. There are specific courses of action that must be taken to request modification of a court order. Until such modification is granted by the court, both parents must continue to follow the provisions of the existing order.

If your former spouse has denied your parenting time or has failed to fulfill his or her obligation regarding time with your children, Cipriano Law Offices, P.C., in New Jersey, can help you try to resolve the issue. Protecting your rights and your children’s best interests are our highest priorities. We are fully prepared to help you overcome any legal problem associated with your custody order and parenting time.


At this time please call our office to make credit card payments.